MyTEFL review, submitted by Yvette.
Where do I begin? I’ll start with what I didn’t like about the MyTEFL course and then I’ll finish with what I did like about it.
What I didn’t like.
- Finished this 120-hour course in an afternoon.
- Had to pay $99 for the TEFL certificate.
- Noticed spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in the course content.
- When I tried contacting the MyTEFL office I got no response.
- The course came with online tutor support, which I didn’t receive.
- Am worried about the international recognition of the certificate because OTTSA, who accredits MyTEFL, are not a fully accredited accreditation provider. They are only regionally recognized in Thailand.
- The course was way too easy and the quiz questions at the end of each module were so easy that my 8-year-old son was able to answer most of them correctly.
What I liked.
- The course price is good. I paid $199. However, you do need to account for the $99 certification fee on top of this.
- Some of the modules were better than others. the ones that were (Grammar especially) were written really well and included some excellent graphics.
- In the end I did receive my certificate and as long as I want to teach in Thailand I know that I will be able to teach there without issue.
If you want to teach in Thailand, this MyTEFL course will likely be the one you are searching for.
Read more MyTEFL reviews